Monday, March 18, 2013

My Arguments and Opinions

By and large, the rulings were to be expected.  Not that I was in any position to really counter what the pros know.  However, from what we’ve been studying in class and reading in the book, the rulings, again, were very in step with what one could surmise as the gospel.

I will say this much, that I was very appreciative of the few IP attorneys who gave me the time of day.  The brief questions I posed should not have been an issue for some of the IP attorneys to take the time to answer.  This is to say that merely giving some counsel would not enable me to play attorney, which I got the feeling some of them thought.  For others, I believe they felt they were being roped into a game of “stump the chump”, where I appeared to be establishing their credentials.  Far from the truth, yet perception is reality.

The bottom line from this experience is that when one is in doubt, get a good lawyer.  Which, subsequently, I looked into keeping one of the more knowledgeable IP attorneys on retainer.  The range was between $2500-$5000 depending on the size and volume of the business transacted.  Fortunately for me, the one I looked into from the Lamberstein law firm, waived any necessity as I am still a one woman show.  Good to know not all lawyers are so money hungry to take advantage when the opportunity presents itself.  Cheers.

I would like to thank the following attorneys who made this project possible:
Attorney Bryce Walden, from the law office of Cotton, Driggs, Walch, Holley, Woloson & Thompson
Attorney Jeff Wilson, from the law office of McDonald, Carano & Wilson LLP
Attorney Lamberstein, from the law office of Kenehan and Lamberstein Limited

No comments:

Post a Comment